How To Build A Double Dog House: Plans
I received an email recently from a reader looking for a good set of double dog house plans, and although I’ve built many dog houses in my day, I’ve actually never been asked to build one for two dogs…
So I haven’t actually got a tutorial done up on this (yet), but I plan on building one in the near future. After doing a little research, I found one website (EasyBuildDogHousePlans.com) which seems to take care of this little issue.
The plans were created by Bill Keene himself and he also gives information on:
- How to build a Medium dog house for small and medium size dogs like Dachshunds and Bull Terriers.
- How to build a Large dog house for a large sized dog like Golden Retrievers and German Shepherds.
- How to build a Medium size duplex house for multiple small or medium size dogs.
- How to build a Large size duplex house for two large dogs.
- Separating wall can optionally be removed to allow all dogs to sleep together.
- Plans are shown exactly to scale with step by step diagrams and full material list and dimensions.
- Houses feature insulated walls and raised floors to keep your dog warm during winter and cool during summer.
- For those of use in colder climates, the plans allow for additional insulation to be added to the walls when building.
- Houses include generous overhang on roofs to protect the dog and interior from wind and rain.
- Openings built to standard size to allow for an optional “dog door”.
- And much much more…
For further information, see: EasyBuildDogHousePlans.com